A separate 501(c)(3), PROACT is an outpatient substance use disorders treatment center that brings together behavioral, social and medical resources from the community to provide comprehensive care to those seeking treatment. PROACT is committed to:
- Bridging services between hospitals and outpatient care
- Providing rapid response admissions for referrals
- Providing referral options for community physicians
- Expanding the treatment capacity for our service area
- Developing effective substance use disorder treatment research
- Becoming a model for treatment delivery
PROACT offers a variety of treatment avenues including both abstinence-based services as well as Medication Assisted Treatment. At PROACT, treatment begins on day one with a clinician who will conduct a comprehensive, structured clinical assessment to inform a diagnosis, a recommended plan of care, and to identify social or personal needs requiring further referral. Individuals entering our service are given timely access to a physician as well as to all other services offered by our program.
PROACT offers the following services to treat substance use disorder and help individuals achieve long-term recovery:
- Clinical assessments
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Peer recovery supports
- Individual and group therapy
- Career placement and career readiness training
- Spiritual care
- On-site pharmacy
Housed in an outpatient medical facility, PROACT serves as a single, regional referral point to assess patients following discharge from local emergency rooms and inpatient detox units and by referral from our quick response teams and other emergency medical response teams. PROACT also accepts self-referrals and referrals from community providers.
First and foremost, the PROACT model is about the individual—recognizing that recovery looks different for each person. The ultimate goal of PROACT is to effectively serve, educate and treat every individual through and beyond the initial stages of recovery until they become long-term, committed members of society.