Individual TherapyIndividual therapy includes one-on-one sessions with a trained and licensed therapist to work on the issues causing individual distress to the patient and inferring with the development and maintenance of sobriety. Together with your therapist, you will develop an individualized plan of care.
Individual therapy at PROACT also includes:
- Utilization of evidence-based practices to address issues and circumstances unique to each patient
- Aid patients in the development of personalized relapse prevention and recovery plans
Individual therapy efforts are a vital part of recovery and will continue throughout your treatment program.
Group therapy sessions consist of up to 12 people led by a trained and licensed therapist. Group therapy helps patients better understand substance use disorders and develop skills that will help sustain recovery. At PROACT, group therapy:
- Provides education related to substance use disorders and the continuum of addiction
- Utilizes evidence-based practices to aid group members in the development of recovery strategies, including relapse prevention, sober support systems, dealing with cravings and cognitive restructuring
- Aids in the development of communication and socialization skills