Matthew Christiansen, MD, MPH
Director, West Virginia Office of Drug Control Policy
- Family Medicine
- Primary Care
- Public Health
- Cabell Huntington Hospital
- River Park Hospital
BiographyIn addition to his primary care practice, Dr. Christiansen cares for and treats patients from infants born with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) to adults with substance use disorder (SUD). He is a passionate defender of primary care, an advocate for expanding health care access to underserved populations and an educator on evidence-based treatments for substance use disorder.
- Graduate: Marshall University Graduate School of Health Professions, Huntington, W.Va.
- Medical School: Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Huntington, W.Va.
- Residency: Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Huntington, W.Va.
Honors and Memberships
- Paul Ambrose Health Policy Fellow, Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine